Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Are you happy with your Osmo Pocket?

The Fat Contoller

Reaction score
There are many reviews of the Osmo Pocket, good and bad, but I'm interested in the opinion of fellow owners. Sure it isn't perfect , but in general it does a good job and it's so easy to have with you all the time. I'd like a zoom, a tripod thread and bluetooth built-in, otherwise I'm happy with it. What do you think?

I am mostly happy. But I was disappointed yesturday when I looked at some footage from the beach
that was not in focus at all. I would think they could tweak it with a firmware update.
I like the slow mo function, with my kids. But if my kids are wearing red the color gets a little funky.

I am mostly happy. But I was disappointed yesturday when I looked at some footage from the beach
that was not in focus at all. I would think they could tweak it with a firmware update.
I like the slow mo function, with my kids. But if my kids are wearing red the color gets a little funky.
I haven't had any colour issues but I don't do any colour grading or suchlike. If I can get away with it I'll use the footage as it comes with no editing which is fair enough because I'm not after professional results - so long as it's good enough for friends and family I'm happy.

I love the little Osmo, it's the perfect mini camera for every family situation. Once a few accessories are added it replaces gear with 4x the price tag

Reactions: Brockrock
You might want to check and see "which" focal point you are using- AFC or AFS? this might be some of the issue perhaps,.. just a thought.

Reactions: monchan
I really love this camera. Its portability makes it convenient to have it on you at all time. I have it only for a couple of weeks and I managed to capture a lot of videos and pictures, spending a lot more time on FCPX. The quality is just amazing. Got no regrets apart from not buying it earlier!

I like it because the footage is pretty smooth and the size of it is easily accessible.

I truly enjoy this camera, I was also having focus issues like someone stated above but the fix was the focal mode I was using. The only downside to this camera is in dark scenarious. Bumping it to 1600 ISO if not more is crazy.

But this is still king of small sensor cameras. It has gone with me on two trips so far and does amazing timelapses. I use an ANKER 20100MAH and man making 3 hour time lapses is amazing.

Reactions: The Fat Contoller
There are many reviews of the Osmo Pocket, good and bad, but I'm interested in the opinion of fellow owners. Sure it isn't perfect , but in general it does a good job and it's so easy to have with you all the time. I'd like a zoom, a tripod thread and bluetooth built-in, otherwise I'm happy with it. What do you think?
After the latest firmware update the OSMO Pocket has been brilliant. Auto focus, light balance perfect.
The key to using an OSMO Pocket is lots of practice. The end result will not disappoint you.
Recently filmed the Climate Strike in Austria, all OSMO 2.7K video at 50fps, slow mo & stills.
Quality of shots made it super easy to edit.
Recommend using ND filters 4, 8 & 16 to further improve video effects

Link to video:

I love the Osmo Pocket a lot. In the beginning the focushunting was not nice, but they solved that now.
Also less is the noise at low light and the automatic cropping in slo-mo.
For the rest , little so you can take it everywhere with you and fast in use.

I love this little thing, it goes with me EVERYWHERE... even if I go to the grocery store! The updates have helped make it a lot better than what it was when originally released. One issue I have is that it downsamples 4k 60fps videos to 1080p when dumping into an iPhone or iPad, I use iMovie a lot for quick edits. This might be more of an Apple issue than a DJI issue. I've tried a couple of lightning mini SD card readers, and they're incredibly laggy and buggy for 4k 60fps files. One card even deleted the files as soon as it transferred, but corrupted some in the process. Footage lost forever! I now shoot everything in 2.7k 60 fps so it doesn't downsample to 1080p.

Reactions: The Fat Contoller
Think it's over due for more firmware updates, too. And I wish the Time exposure could be extended as 8 seconds (longest setting) doesn't really suit my night sky exposures- sure it shows the stars moving but a few more seconds could get you the Milky Way exposed and moving. Blue-tooth would make it easily accessible to use for social media, periscope etc. That'd be cool and almost seems that was why this was made?!?

I love this little thing, it goes with me EVERYWHERE... even if I go to the grocery store! The updates have helped make it a lot better than what it was when originally released. One issue I have is that it downsamples 4k 60fps videos to 1080p when dumping into an iPhone or iPad, I use iMovie a lot for quick edits. This might be more of an Apple issue than a DJI issue. I've tried a couple of lightning mini SD card readers, and they're incredibly laggy and buggy for 4k 60fps files. One card even deleted the files as soon as it transferred, but corrupted some in the process. Footage lost forever! I now shoot everything in 2.7k 60 fps so it doesn't downsample to 1080p.
I'd done some video last week and went to load it into the computer. It appeared to be going well but all of a sudden there was a bit of a screen flicker on my PC then everything just vanished. The footage was lost and the card was corrupted and unreadable (PNY brand, a cheapie). I've bought a Kingston card and tested it, so far so good. I blame the card rather than the Osmo Pocket and hope I'm right :( .

.... The footage was lost and the card was corrupted and unreadable (PNY brand, a cheapie). I've bought a Kingston card and tested it, so far so good. I blame the card rather than the Osmo Pocket and hope I'm right :( .
I've been using 64gb San Disk and have never had any issues, FYI. Amazon has decent pricing, too.

I've been using 64gb San Disk and have never had any issues, FYI. Amazon has decent pricing, too.
Yes, I was after the San Disk but they were out of stock. The Kingston was more expensive which I hope=better quality. I'm in UK and use 7DayShop which is based in Jersey and (most of the time) offers better prices than Amazon.

I love the Pocket. I like it so much that when My first one got stolen from my car I had to buy another.

Very happy,but things go bad when the Dji osmo Is connected to a Smartphone and drained the battery of the Dji osmo pocket.

Absolutely. I don't use it with smartphone but with the wheel and on auto all the time for snapshots. It's perfect. I hope in the future there might be a version with optical zoom ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal