Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Ballycopeland Windmill

The Fat Contoller

Reaction score
This windmill, about 10 minutes drive from where I live, has just been restored and members of the public were invited to see it working. The sails being operated is a very infrequent event so they got a great turnout. Most of the shots were from my Osmo Pocket. I had a bit of Mavic Pro footage but it has a fault at the minute and won't focus so I had to fudge the Mavic stuff.

Reactions: Roslad
Nice video! Looks like a fun place!

Nice video! Looks like a fun place!
They don't usually have the sails working so it was worthwhile visiting that day. Normally it's enjoyable spending an hour or so visiting, taking photos, having a look round the miller's cottage information centre etc, but there's not a lot else to it. Plenty of other things to do nearby though, beaches, walking and so on. Donaghadee, four miles away has a very nice harbour and lighthouse and plenty of nice pubs , cafes and restaurants.

Was there a gift shop there too?
Not yet, but apparently it might happen. They had set up a temporary coffee shop for the day but normally all they have is the little exhibition. The windmill has been there for years and restoration has being ongoing since 1960 on an ad hoc basis. Now that the work is finished they are taking steps to attract more visitors.

Reactions: Roslad
Would be funny to see mini solar power windmill remakes in the gift shop when they have one!

Would be funny to see mini solar power windmill remakes in the gift shop when they have one!
Yes, I try to avoid the gift shops, they mostly sell a lot of old rubbish. I suppose they're useful to try and pull in a few quid to help the attraction stay in business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal