Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Ben Macdui, Cairngorms National Park, Scotland

ArthurC

Reaction score
Our second stop on the honeymoon was at Cairngorms National Park, which has some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever put my eyes on.

Ben Macdui is the second highest mountain in the UK, and the highest in the Cairngorms. This particular day was the first clear(ish) day in weeks, and turned out to be the best hike we've ever done.

About one third of the video was taken with my Spark, one half with my OSMO Pocket, and the rest are panoramas and timelapses taken with my DSLR and an action camera.

This is definitely a long video, but I couldn't decide what else to cut, and it happened to fit my Beethoven "Leonore" soundtrack perfectly.

So enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Reactions: ff22
Excellent. That's fairly close to Blair Atholl where I'll be spending a few days at the end of February. Some of the friends we're going with aren't hikers so I was planning to take them to Loch an Eilein near Aviemore, that's a stones throw from Ben Macdui and an easy walk. And yes, there is some great scenery and hiking in The Cairngorms.

nice nature over there, I really love seeing rough nature like that

nice nature over there, I really love seeing rough nature like that
I hope to get some more footage when I'm over. Haven't really had the chance over the winter so I'm looking forward to the longer days.

Reactions: ikkel
I know the feeling.
Winter here is more like rain, rain and again rain. So counting the days to better weather and therefore more filming days and possibility's

Reactions: The Fat Contoller
Excellent. That's fairly close to Blair Atholl where I'll be spending a few days at the end of February. Some of the friends we're going with aren't hikers so I was planning to take them to Loch an Eilein near Aviemore, that's a stones throw from Ben Macdui and an easy walk. And yes, there is some great scenery and hiking in The Cairngorms.

Well... if you're interested, I just posted my own video from Loch en Eilein in the Photos and Videos forum.

I also have a video up on youtube from the top of Ord Ban, which is right next to Loch en Eilein, but it's mstly drone video, there is only about 20 seconds of Osmo Pockt shots in that one.

Well... if you're interested, I just posted my own video from Loch en Eilein in the Photos and Videos forum.

I also have a video up on youtube from the top of Ord Ban, which is right next to Loch en Eilein, but it's mstly drone video, there is only about 20 seconds of Osmo Pockt shots in that one.
I'll check that out, thanks. If weather permits I'm hoping to get some shots with my Mavic Pro when I'm there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal