Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Bodysurfing with the osmo action.

monchan

Reaction score
Took the osmo action bodysurfing. All footage is 1080p, I tried out the slo-mo feature and some other parts were slowed down in post.
I am happy with the result, but it was a serious pain in the butt to use in the water. I had problems while spearfishing too.

It seems the waves crashing onto the screen can change the settings. It was constantly changing to the front screen, or changing from 120fps to 200fps etc. Next time I`ll have to use the lock screen if I remember. One more thing I dont like is the quick record.
If it is powered off or in sleep mode, you hit the record button and it records, but when you hit the record button again it just stops recording leaving it powered on. Where as the gopro`s quick record will power down again. With the Osmo Action you have to hit record to stop and then hit the power button to shut down or you will drain your battery pretty quick. When snorkeling I have the osmo action mounted to my mask and cannot see it, So in the water it`s a bit iffy. Gopro is much easier to use in the water.

Neat. I like the slo-mo waves curling in front of you.

Reactions: monchan
Great footage. I won't be doing anything as exciting as that with my Osmo Pocket, certainly nothing rugged enough that would make it awkward to use the controls, but it's very handy to know it's waterproof for when I take it out on my much gentler activities.

Reactions: monchan
Great footage. I won't be doing anything as exciting as that with my Osmo Pocket, certainly nothing rugged enough that would make it awkward to use the controls, but it's very handy to know it's waterproof for when I take it out on my much gentler activities.

Glad you liked it. I would not do that with my osmo pocket either. It was my osmo action. LOL.

Glad you liked it. I would not do that with my osmo pocket either. It was my osmo action. LOL.
It's time I started proofreading my posts before hitting the 'post reply' button. As you probably worked out I meant Osmo Action and not Osmo Pocket :rolleyes:. I have posted in the forum about how robust the Pocket is, and I'm happy it can deal with the odd splash of water but it's definitely not waterproof like the Action.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryHood