Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Error messages when trying to copy iPhone files to Windows 10

redsoxfan42

Reaction score
OK, so you bought the Osmo Mobile 3, mounted your iPhone on the gimbal and shot some great video. Now you connect the iPhone via a USB cable to your Windows 10 PC and, you are getting error messages that the device is unrecognizable. But you can see it on the file manager list of attached devices.
Apple, in their wisdom, decide it should be obvious what's wrong. You decide, but here's the fix.

Unplug your iPhone from the PC.
Go to Settings on your iPhone and scroll down to the PHOTOS App.
Scroll down in the PHOTOS App until you see the label "TRANSFER TO MAC OR PC"
Uncheck "Automatic" which should change to "Keep Originals".
Now it should work.
I almost sent my Osmo Mobile 3 back thinking it wouldn't do me any good if I can't copy my MP4 or JPEG files from the iPhone to the PC.

Reactions: Brettric
Thanks for this, I also had this problem.

OK, so you bought the Osmo Mobile 3, mounted your iPhone on the gimbal and shot some great video. Now you connect the iPhone via a USB cable to your Windows 10 PC and, you are getting error messages that the device is unrecognizable. But you can see it on the file manager list of attached devices.
Apple, in their wisdom, decide it should be obvious what's wrong. You decide, but here's the fix.

Unplug your iPhone from the PC.
Go to Settings on your iPhone and scroll down to the PHOTOS App.
Scroll down in the PHOTOS App until you see the label "TRANSFER TO MAC OR PC"
Uncheck "Automatic" which should change to "Keep Originals".
Now it should work.
I almost sent my Osmo Mobile 3 back thinking it wouldn't do me any good if I can't copy my MP4 or JPEG files from the iPhone to the PC.
This method is correct. However, it also changes the format of the images saved to your windows computer. The default setting, "Automatic", automatically converts images from the internal iPhone format (HEIC) to the more widely supported JPG format. Setting the option to "Keep Originals" really means to keep the images in the original, internal HEIC format. Unfortunately, the HEIC format is not widely supported among Windows applications.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal