Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Floating handle. Aftermarket or DJI Store version

kjmasson

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the floating handles available for the OA? Are any of the aftermarket ones trustworthy. Many have excellent reviews and then for the same product there are a couple of negative reviews saying the handles broke off or lock nut came off.
Looking some thought on these before I guy.
Thanks.
KJ

Reactions: ff22
Anyone have any experience with the floating handles available for the OA? Are any of the aftermarket ones trustworthy. Many have excellent reviews and then for the same product there are a couple of negative reviews saying the handles broke off or lock nut came off.
Looking some thought on these before I guy.
Thanks.
KJ
What kind of reviews are GoPro floaters receiving. I would guess while pricey, they might be pretty reliable.

But your comments are very correct. I will look at some product on Amazon and tons of reviews including completely opposite reviews. "Greatest product on earth" "Shoddy and worst thing I've ever purchased!" Sometimes it drives me nuts. A few years ago we were in Las Vegas looking for a restaurant using Yelp. It soon became clear that it was useless. Same restaurant and completely disparate reviews.

I did buy one of those 'every accessory" for the Action kits - some pieces were pretty good and others less so. I never did get to use the floating handle.

Reactions: kjmasson
I did buy one of those 'every accessory" for the Action kits - some pieces were pretty good and others less so. I never did get to use the floating handle.

Yes, reviews drive me nuts anymore.
I was looking at one of those all-in-one kits too, but again. What I really think I should get (When the spending account replenishes) is a floaty handle (before going to the lake), and a tripod/stick for holding the camera. Guess I might bite the bullet and get the name-brand version.

Thanks for the input. :)

So I went an bought one made by "Onn" from Walmart Canada for testing at home.
This thing has a rubberized grip, yellow screw-on tip and yellow safety string/lanyard, and secures to any standard camera casing.
It floats perfectly with the Osmo Action attached. The end is clearly visible in water and sticks out about an inch.
I screwed the plug on tight and left it floating for about 10 minutes - no water inside the handle. (Thumbs Up)
Camera attachment seems solid (plastic) and is likely fine for light use (perhaps not water skiing as it may break if you fall in the water -- or it may not - I'm not testing that), but I did need my Osmo Action's bolt/pin as the one provided is too short and hits the OA's case as you tighten.
I paid $10 CAN at Walmart Canada.

Onn Floating Selfie Stick

I have had the one from the "chinese all in one kit" and was given a GoPro one. Both work equally well but the GP one is a better grip.

I'm sure that it will serve you well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal