Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Good Morning from NYC

Swings16

Reaction score
I have found it...The Fantastic world of R/C Flight

I currently fly a Mavic Pro + An EVO...both of which are wonderful machines

I am always adding to my knowledge of flight and that is why i am checking in

SADLY...NYC is a crowded area...throw a rock and you WILL hit someone (it is not THAT bad...but in MANHATTAN,That would be a true statement)

I live in one of the 5 Boroughs of NYC...QUEENS..it has many huge parks and i have many options re flight...BUT

I have been getting mixed messages re the legality of flight in my area..NYC

I googled the restrictions of RC/Drone use WITHIN NYC limits

One response was Flight permitted in ALL NYC parks

Another...ILLEGAL within ALL of NYC

Anyone with definitive and current knowledge of the TRUTH...please chime in

Thank You All...looking forward to learning

Pretty sure it’s illegal to fly in NYC at all unless you have a really tiny drone. Don’t trust me 100% though because I am not 107 certified!

Rosald...Thank You for your response...it is odd...i fly regularly in a NYC Park.. a stones throw from my home..the park is ALWAYS packed and i manage to find a spot to fly UP...can't fly low because there is a constant/24/7 Soccer game going on...i zoom UP and from that perspective i can see the bay and Ocean several miles south in the distance and to the West i can see the whole NYC Skyline in all of its glory...at any moment i could be ticketed or worse but so far no problems...i do get away from the city every now + then and being able to fly without feeling like a thief is a great experience..Best to you and Thanks..Martin...NYC

Reactions: BingErr
Rosald...Thank You for your response...it is odd...i fly regularly in a NYC Park.. a stones throw from my home..the park is ALWAYS packed and i manage to find a spot to fly UP...can't fly low because there is a constant/24/7 Soccer game going on...i zoom UP and from that perspective i can see the bay and Ocean several miles south in the distance and to the West i can see the whole NYC Skyline in all of its glory...at any moment i could be ticketed or worse but so far no problems...i do get away from the city every now + then and being able to fly without feeling like a thief is a great experience..Best to you and Thanks..Martin...NYC
Good to know. I'm planning on visiting NYC soon and am wondering if it would be worth it to take the drone and travel outside the city just for a few flights. Probably safer to leave it at home and just use the Osmo Pocket, but good to know people still fly in the city.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal