Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

GoPro Hero9 vs DJI Pocket 2

Braniac Skunk

Reaction score
Let us categorize the two products. Hero 9 is an action camera. It's waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof. It's made for action-packed shooting. On the other hand, the DJI Pocket 2 is a small gimbal camera. Made for vlogging, or family pictures and videos. Totally different class in terms of usage.

Specs wise with the video both Pocket 2 and Hero 9 can make 4k videos. Hero 9 has a 5k feature which a lot says causes the Hero 9 to freeze or lag, but if you have the compatible tech these are a joy to process and work with. Stabilization criteria Pocket 2 will the clear winner here. Hero 9 can't compete with a gimbal in terms of stabilization despite the best EIS in the world.

Both products have an edge over each other when it comes to HDR. Pocket 2 has HDR video while GoPro has HDR photos. Audio-wise, the Pocket 2 now has both 4 directional mics as well as the wireless audio trasmitter while the GoPro 9 only has two. However, due to the waterproofing, I find the audio to be a bit muffled. I also don't like the fact that the GoPro does not have a native wireless mic and would need to rely on third-party products;

There you go, to summarize it. Pocket 2 has better video (due to the bigger sensor), picture (64MP vs. 12MP), and audio quality than Hero 9 and has better stabilization also. Low light shots the Pocket 2 is better, too. The only thing that I don't like about the Pocket 2 is that it's not "RUGGED". Other than that, my money goes to the Pocket 2.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starecommercewar