Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Great news - this little gadget is sturdier than you'd think.

The Fat Contoller

Reaction score
I went for a hike today along the North Antrim coast from Dunseverick to The Giant's Causeway. Just as I was removing the Osmo Pocket from its case a large horsefly sunk its jaws into my hand. I felt the bite and swatted it off, causing the Osmo to fly out of the case and drop hard onto the rough stone path. I thought 'here we go, I've broken it' but no, it was fine. There are a couple of scratches on the body of the camera and the gimbal but no major damage, good news is the lens is OK. I have had a first look at the footage I took and it seems OK too. Looks like this wee camera isn't as delicate as it looks.

Didn't take any footage of the bites, but they're itching like hell today. I wasn't expecting the SD card to be damaged in the bump, but you never know? I'm back home later tonight and will hopefully get a quick video sorted.

Footage is now over on the Photos and Videos section.

Footage is now over on the Photos and Videos section.

My friends OSMO looks like its been to war and back haha. the entire back portion of it is so smooth and scratched its insane. The gimbal itself is showing silver. These little things are durable. I've used it on a boat and its taken some splashes as well. No complaints. and if anything does happen the price is not too bad!

Reactions: The Fat Contoller
My friends OSMO looks like its been to war and back haha. the entire back portion of it is so smooth and scratched its insane. The gimbal itself is showing silver. These little things are durable. I've used it on a boat and its taken some splashes as well. No complaints. and if anything does happen the price is not too bad!
Since I last posted about how sturdy the Osmo is two things I've seen have confirmed my opinion. The first was a guy on YouTube who pretty much did everything short of setting it on fire. The second I was a witness to. We were on holiday in Scotland on a really hot day and stopped for a drink. I had a pint of cider and my wife had coffee and jam scone. A wasp took a fancy to the jam and before I knew what was happening she had lifted my Osmo pocket and battered the wasp to the ground with it. Fortunately the Osmo was unharmed.

Since I last posted about how sturdy the Osmo is two things I've seen have confirmed my opinion. The first was a guy on YouTube who pretty much did everything short of setting it on fire. The second I was a witness to. We were on holiday in Scotland on a really hot day and stopped for a drink. I had a pint of cider and my wife had coffee and jam scone. A wasp took a fancy to the jam and before I knew what was happening she had lifted my Osmo pocket and battered the wasp to the ground with it. Fortunately the Osmo was unharmed.

Oh my :eek: lol. That is crazyyyyy

Oh my :eek: lol. That is crazyyyyy
Yes, she reacted instinctively and just grabbed the first thing that came to hand, my Osmo Pocket as it happened. My friend and his wife were with us and he nearly fell off his seat with laughter. He still reminds me about it every time we're out and about. Luckily no damage was done and I saw the funny side of it too. :)

Yes, she reacted instinctively and just grabbed the first thing that came to hand, my Osmo Pocket as it happened. My friend and his wife were with us and he nearly fell off his seat with laughter. He still reminds me about it every time we're out and about. Luckily no damage was done and I saw the funny side of it too. :)

It's insane how fragile this little osmo seems especially due to it's size. Was there even an offer for a DJI protection plan on the pocket? haha I think the only true thing that can break this little thing is a drop from 5 or 6 ft and of course en encounter with salt water.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryHood