Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Hike: Snow Lake, WA Cascades at Snoqualmie Pass - Osmo Action

ff22

Reaction score
Hike to Snow Lake and videos. I'd lie suggestions of ND to adjust the light in bright mountain scenes. These are with the native lens - no filters.

Attachments

• DJI_0248.JPG
    DJI_0248.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
  • DJI_0253.JPG
    DJI_0253.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
Great scenery, wish we had similar here. Filters are useful and I use them for still photography when I can the take time to set up a shot. I don't use them with my Osmo Action or Pocket because for me they're both quick 'grab the moment ' cameras and I couldn't be bothered (i.e. too lazy) to mess about with filters. That said, if I particularly wanted a certain shot and filters were necessary I'd probably get a set of them so that I'd have the one I needed to hand whatever the light.

I'm really still new to this Action camera idea. Actually, most of my videos are not that active! More like passing through terrific scenery. I can see the juggling of filters would definitely be messy which is why I've not used any. But a number of my high altitude, lots of bright sky videos seem just a bit washed out - overwhelmed by the sun (a rare phenomenon in this area (g)). But I guess altering the light would require some experiments - slowing the spontaneity of the shoot. On one or two occasions, I have done a bit of editing to darken the video but I'm not much for really post-processing.

It is nice to live so close to incredible outdoor scenery. That lake was about 50 driving miles and 3.5 hiking miles (one way) from home. It is also overrun with people in the Summer and had quite a lot even mid-week in Oct. It is part of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness area. I've never been to Ireland and even England was many decades ago. Hit the Dolomites for cross-country skiing again in Feb - maybe some action on the action camera! (g)

I'm really still new to this Action camera idea. Actually, most of my videos are not that active! More like passing through terrific scenery. I can see the juggling of filters would definitely be messy which is why I've not used any. But a number of my high altitude, lots of bright sky videos seem just a bit washed out - overwhelmed by the sun (a rare phenomenon in this area (g)). But I guess altering the light would require some experiments - slowing the spontaneity of the shoot. On one or two occasions, I have done a bit of editing to darken the video but I'm not much for really post-processing.

It is nice to live so close to incredible outdoor scenery. That lake was about 50 driving miles and 3.5 hiking miles (one way) from home. It is also overrun with people in the Summer and had quite a lot even mid-week in Oct. It is part of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness area. I've never been to Ireland and even England was many decades ago. Hit the Dolomites for cross-country skiing again in Feb - maybe some action on the action camera! (g)
There's lots of nice scenery here too but my local mountains (The Mournes) aren't nearly as impressive as what you have. Still plenty of scope for good footage, nevertheless, I've got coast, countryside and rivers so I can't grumble :)

Reactions: ff22
Nice scenery, but watch your finger in the left upper corner. ?
Use the filter only when there are moving animals, people, planes, cars and so waterverontreiniging the shot to give them that cinematic motionblur.
For the rest they are overkill in the pocket/action.

Nice scenery, but watch your finger in the left upper corner. ?
Use the filter only when there are moving animals, people, planes, cars and so waterverontreiniging the shot to give them that cinematic motionblur.
For the rest they are overkill in the pocket/action.
Yes, I did notice the finger (hopefully, no one can identify the fingerprint!!!). I should have edited it out but was lazy.

Occasionally, there's also a remnants of the plastic bag I use to protect my phone in some images, too!

Reactions: ikkel
I think you use the Osmo action, right ?
Wel iff so why not consider a gimball to put your action on, the range of your dynamic shots wil grow then.

For the pocket I use this as a fourth axle and it works rather good.

Maybe something simular like this is interesting for the action

That wil smoothen everything and is easier to hold in your hands.

Grtz

Last edited:
I think you use the Osmo action, right ?
Wel iff so why not consider a gimball to put your action on, the range of your dynamic shots wil grow then.

For the pocket I use this as a fourth axle and it works rather good.

Maybe something simular like this is interesting for the action

That wil smoothen everything and is easier to hold in your hands.

Grtz
Yes, I do use the Action I believe you edited and fixed the reference) Thanks for the suggestions. BUT getting up in years, getting UP in mountains means carrying less gear (g) Seriously, occasionally I wonder why I purchased another camera which means bringing more gear along on the hike. It also means a bit more juggling of the gear. So less gear, less juggling.

Reactions: ikkel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal