Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Hyperlapse using the osmo action, this is part two of my series of films covering The Roaches

Very nicely done. Maybe I should do some hiking in the British Isles - at least, I might be able to converse with some locals if the dialect is not too thick! (g)

Where did you have the camera attached? I've so far handheld it which I'm not too fond of since I prefer hiking with two poles. What software do you edit with? You mentioned 20x - what settings on the camera. Since I posted my Backyard timelapse, that filmed for one hour but only ran 30+ seconds.

I would like to try turning a video I took while hiking into a timelapse, if possible, by grabbing a one frame every x number of frames but I'm not sure there's a way to automate that process.

All three videos are really excellent. Nice work and location.

Last edited:
Very nicely done. Maybe I should do some hiking in the British Isles - at least, I might be able to converse with some locals if the dialect is not too thick! (g)

Where did you have the camera attached? I've so far handheld it which I'm not too fond of since I prefer hiking with two poles. What software do you edit with? You mentioned 20x - what settings on the camera. Since I posted my Backyard timelapse, that filmed for one hour but only ran 30+ seconds.

I would like to try turning a video I took while hiking into a timelapse, if possible, by grabbing a one frame every x number of frames but I'm not sure there's a way to automate that process.

All three videos are really excellent. Nice work and location.

Thank you, you have many questions but im sure I can help you with them all and you will be able to achieve your your goals just as I have.
First, lets have a look at the settings, we need to set up so that we have cinematic footage so we need 24/25 frames a second, 1/50 shutter speed I used an ND filter to control the exposure and used manual exposure with rock steady on and warp off.
I used the camera hand held with an isteady pro 3 axis gamble although I do have to wonder if this made much difference and maybe would be just fine with a selfie stick because of the fact that we already have rock steady.
I shot the footage in real time and it took me 41 minutes
next is the bit that puts it all together and probably the most interesting and will be the answer to all of your problems. Microsoft have a piece of software called Microsoft Hyperlapse, there is a trial version but this leaves a watermark on the footage, however at the moment microsoft are having problems with the payment process so for the moment they have issued a free key to unlock the full version which normally costs $50 I have left the link below for all that you need, it is all very easy too use and does everything you will want and does a great job.
Enjoy and please let me know how you get on
Regards. Paul

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal