Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

If you purchased one why did you go with the Osmo Action over the GP 7? Thoughts so far?

mjbok

Reaction score
For me I have a GP6 that came with my (little used) Karma. I was disappointed with some of the artificial limitations of that camera that weren't fixed with the 7. For example lack of linear POV in certain resolutions. Limitations in slo-mo, and a couple others.

Of course these same shortcomings are also on the Action. Grrrrrr. To be truthful the linear POV for stills and video is WAY better than dewarp on the Action.

I'm also disappointed with the lack of video out on Action and the (un DJI like) lack of available accessories at launch.

It is a nice little camera, but a straight up comparison between the two leaves the Action a few steps behind the established GP series.

For me I have a GP6 that came with my (little used) Karma. I was disappointed with some of the artificial limitations of that camera that weren't fixed with the 7. For example lack of linear POV in certain resolutions. Limitations in slo-mo, and a couple others.

Of course these same shortcomings are also on the Action. Grrrrrr. To be truthful the linear POV for stills and video is WAY better than dewarp on the Action.

I'm also disappointed with the lack of video out on Action and the (un DJI like) lack of available accessories at launch.

It is a nice little camera, but a straight up comparison between the two leaves the Action a few steps behind the established GP series.
I have the Hero 7 Black and the Osmo Action. The OA is by far easier to use and produces better overall results. Once the OA has an external mic adapter my Hero 7 will go on eBay.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryHood