Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Impromptu wedding video with Mavic Air and Osmo Pocket

BingErr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This was not planned. The bride literally contacted me the morning of the wedding and asked if I brought my drone, which I replied "I bring my drone everywhere." She only wanted a few shots after the ceremony, but since I had my Osmo Pocket along I thought I'd shoot a little bit of video from my chair, but was not going to walk around or get in anyones way. Pretty much I was not going to LOOK like a videography, but I'd shoot a little without distracting people.

So here's the video. Turned out good enought for not planning anything... BUT there are several scenes where the background is in focus and the subject is not. So that's a little disappointing. I should have used a cell phone connected to it so make sure I can tap the subject to bring it in focus. Is that the only way to make sure the object in the foreground is focused?

An enjoyable video. You probably only noticed the out-of-focus bits because you're a photographer, the happy couple are more interested in the content rather than the technical aspects. I too find it hard to tap to focus on the Osmo screen, so yes, best to use your phone, but as the saying goes the best camera is the one you have with you.

Reactions: BingErr
An enjoyable video. You probably only noticed the out-of-focus bits because you're a photographer, the happy couple are more interested in the content rather than the technical aspects. I too find it hard to tap to focus on the Osmo screen, so yes, best to use your phone, but as the saying goes the best camera is the one you have with you.
Absolutely. 100% agree that if the camera is portable and easy to use then it's better than the high-end, hard to use, hard to carry cameras. I think I learned that gem from Casy Neistat years ago and after owning both the Phantom 3 drone and the Spark it makes perfect sense. Also, yeah, the family will most likely only watch on their phone and will never notice.

Thanks for watching and the the comments.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal