Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

New Osmo Pocket

Ronnoco

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Just got my new Osmo Pocket . Looking forward to trying it out having seen some great footage by other users. ?

Reactions: Fozzy
Please let us know your thoughts and any accessories you got.

I will be posting shortly but first impressions are it’s a nice camera very light, smaller than I expected. The screen is very small when you have big fingers. Initial shots are very good crisp detail first video attempts ditto. I just need to get used to it before I inflict the results on other people ? Accessories? On the list are nd filters, and a good camera and phone holder to avoid strain on the connection. Other than that I will add bits and pieces as and when I see what I need.

I will be posting shortly but first impressions are it’s a nice camera very light, smaller than I expected. The screen is very small when you have big fingers. Initial shots are very good crisp detail first video attempts ditto. I just need to get used to it before I inflict the results on other people ? Accessories? On the list are nd filters, and a good camera and phone holder to avoid strain on the connection. Other than that I will add bits and pieces as and when I see what I need.

We all have to crawl before we walk, but these boards (this one especially with so little activity) would likely be more helpful with suggestions on how to improve rather than "your video sucks. Don't quit your day job" type posts.

I've seen these in the stores and I'm amazed at how small it is. If I remember correctly it doesn't have a thread mount on the bottom, and if that is correct it is maddening that they miss the obvious.

Unfortunately it doesn’t have a thread mount hence the need for something with a tripod mount. The phone holder I think is necessary to avoid strain on the lightning connector. But first impressions are good. I intend to play around with it as standard for a couple of weeks. Like mjbok said learn to crawl first. The DJI forum is full of good advice and tips as is you tube so it’s worth having a look on those platforms too.
I want it mainly for recording memories of trips away holidays with my kids and like the fact that I can carry it with me all the time but don’t want to get into a situation where I have a tiny osmo pocket and a huge back of bits and pieces to lug around as well because that then defeats the object

I recently upgraded my UAV to the Mavic 2 Pro, and when I bought it, I added the Fly More Kit as well. In the end, I did not like the Fly More Kit’s carry bag. It’s too tight for the copter IMO. But, it’s perfect for the Osmo Pocket and its accessories. I have ND filters and the DJI accessory kit. In that kit there is the Bluetooth/WiFi base, and it’s definitely a necessary accessory to use it wirelessly with your phone. I like it for motion lapses. The base is wide and perfect for setting and leaving for an hour or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal