Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Oahu, Hawaii Day 4: Osmo Pocket underwater, Diamond Head, Waikiki

BingErr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Opening shots in the pool is my first real test of the Osmo Pocket waterproof housing in a pool. It's kind of tricky and will take some getting used to. Then hiked and flew the drone at Diamond Head Crater, ended the day in Waikiki.

Reactions: ff22
Enjoyable video. I had thought about buying the waterproof housing but I don't think I'd get enough use out of it.

Enjoyable video. I had thought about buying the waterproof housing but I don't think I'd get enough use out of it.
It's hard to use because you can't see where the gimbal/camera is pointing because it's obscured by the housing. I'll make a video comparing it and the GoPro 7 when I get back to MN.

It's hard to use because you can't see where the gimbal/camera is pointing because it's obscured by the housing. I'll make a video comparing it and the GoPro 7 when I get back to MN.
That would definitely put me off getting it. Apart from the fact that I don't think I'd get enough use out of it, I like being able to see what I'm shooting, my eyesight is bad enough as it is.?

Better to have then to not have! Maybe after you got it, you would use it more.
See BingErr's post. He pointed out what for me is probably its biggest failing, you can't see what you're filming :(

See BingErr's post. He pointed out what for me is probably its biggest failing, you can't see what you're filming :(
There’s no better waterproof housing products on eBay or something like that? Maybe you could make your own. (Don’t really recommend though.)

Reactions: The Fat Contoller
I guess I should clarify. There is a clear spot the the screen, and you can see your tiny little viewfinder if you look closely. But when I'm using the gimbal I constantly glance at it to make sure the camera lens/head is pointing where I want to film. But with the housing you can see the camera head or what it's looking at it. But you can still see the screen if you look carefully.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal