Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

OM4 1 week later

DroneAnimalKingdom

Reaction score
After my Zhiyun Smooth 4 gave up on me, I pulled the trigger on the DJI OM4. The magnetic mount was a big determining factor since I only have one phone for both shooting and for regular use, so being able to take my phone off the gimbal and reattaching it without the need for rebalancing is a very good reason for me to choose this gimbal.

At first I was skeptical about the strength of the magnetic mounting system (I used the clamp which I attached to my bare iPhone 11 Pro) but I was so wrong. I discovered that a few hours after testing that out in the field. While filming, a random kid hit my phone while it was attached to the OM4. It barely moved and stayed on the gimbal. Very impressive.

I also found the controls of the OM4 to be more intuitive. The zoom wheel is much better and less intrusive than the Smooth 4's, and it's much more ergonomic than any gimbal that I have handled. Creating smooth shots is a much simpler process, and I love that the Mimo app is very user-friendly and has lots of intelligent features like Dynamic Zoom and CloneMe.

Powerful motors are really advantageous whenn it comes to the OM4. I can really feel the smoothness of shots which can only be acquired through good balancing and capable motors that can adjust quickly to movements.

I do not regret getting the OM4 one bit as it is a much better deal than the Zhiyun Smooth 4 which I was only able to enjoy for about eight months before becoming a real inconvenience for me. Despite the higher price, I know that the OM4 is a much more premium product with better features and performance.

Reactions: PocketMan2

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryHood