Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Osmo 3 horizon level

dronerdave

Reaction score
I've noticed in most of my videos the horizon is tilted slightly. How does it level itself or is there a way to adjust it?

I'm surprised there have been no replies to your question. I guess this forum isn't very active. I am still working out issues I have with the Mobile 3. To your question, if you balance the phone it should stay level with the horizon. You have probably figured it out by now, but if you press the trigger twice, it will re-center the Gimbal. The problem I am having is my video are perfectly level with the horizon, but the video still bounces up and down when I am walking and recording. Haven't figured out if this is the way it is, or if I am missing some setting.

Thanks for the reply...yes I did figure it out. On your question mine also shows a bit of bounce while walking and running but way less than w/o the O-3. I guess it's not perfect but better than nothing. My gripe is still no way to pause video. I video RC aircraft and want to be able to catch the planes more in close to create a video w/o having to process in the field before loading to FB or similar. If DJI can't upgrade the pause button, I'd like to see a way to auto stitch selected videos in the field together to make one seamless video.

I'm surprised there have been no replies to your question. I guess this forum isn't very active. I am still working out issues I have with the Mobile 3. To your question, if you balance the phone it should stay level with the horizon. You have probably figured it out by now, but if you press the trigger twice, it will re-center the Gimbal. The problem I am having is my video are perfectly level with the horizon, but the video still bounces up and down when I am walking and recording. Haven't figured out if this is the way it is, or if I am missing some setting.

You're right, took a while to reply and I just didn't find this forum until today! I just assumed it was for UAV's only and not for gimbals also. I have the same issue and it's a pain when you've started recording and you see it but then have to stop, switch off and re-balance again.

Thanks for the reply...yes I did figure it out. On your question mine also shows a bit of bounce while walking and running but way less than w/o the O-3. I guess it's not perfect but better than nothing. My gripe is still no way to pause video. I video RC aircraft and want to be able to catch the planes more in close to create a video w/o having to process in the field before loading to FB or similar. If DJI can't upgrade the pause button, I'd like to see a way to auto stitch selected videos in the field together to make one seamless video.

Have you tried switching between 'regular' and 'sport' mode to see if the bounce reduces?

Late response...I was in sports mode for the high speed passes otherwise it's normally in the default mode. Seems these are not perfect to remove all the bounce but I'm still kinda happy with it. Still wishing for a way to pause video. Here is video of a walk through the pre-flight area at our runway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal