Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Osmo Action Stopped Working

Rocko8

Reaction score
Has anyone had their Osmo Action stop working?
If so what happened?
I only had my for a few weeks before it just stopped working on my holidays, it just had a blank screen but it also was pretty hot.
Still waiting for an answer from DJI.

There have been some other reports:

Reactions: Rocko8
There have been some other reports:

Those reports are what is happening to mine, it just wont power up anymore.
I do think it is a hardware issue that DJI need to address.. Interesting..

My Osmo Action died today half way through my holiday. No light when usbc cable attached. Seems dji have a problem with this camera ?

My Osmo Action died today half way through my holiday. No light when usbc cable attached. Seems dji have a problem with this camera ?

Thats what happened to me aswell... Not Happy DJI
Here is DJI repair report. Screenshot 2019-06-27 20.49.40.png

Thats what happened to me aswell... Not Happy DJI
Here is DJI repair report. View attachment 46
Well, at least, they are repairing for FREE. But that's one very expensive component. That is 2/3 or 3/4 the cost of the entire camera. If all similar failures are due to that part, something was wrong in manufacturing probably.

Now I’m worried this fault will happen again after the warranty has expired!

Now I’m worried this fault will happen again after the warranty has expired!
Well, I would hope that if this just become a fairly standard failure, they will honor the warranty beyond the normal period.

If this will happen to me again I will be looking at buying Gropro instead....Lets hope DJI are much smarter than that.

Last edited:
This happened to me as well. I had to pop out the battery to get it to turn on. It became totally unresponsive. I was carrying it in my pocket and it did heat up a lot while in use.

Is it still having this problem? Was there an update to fix it?

So far going good, this is not a software fix but a electronic malfunction, I was told that their Quality Control is not up to scratch, I got this from a inside source, interestly the place I bought it from confirmed that they had quite a number of returns with similar issues, certainly a worry:unsure:

Reactions: Roslad
So far going good, this is not a software fix but a electronic malfunction, I was told that their Quality Control is not up to scratch, I got this from a inside source, interestly the place I bought it from confirmed that they had quite a number of returns with similar issues, certainly a worry:unsure:
I hope that they make an updated model in the future that fixes this problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal