Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Osmo action worth it?

Ed956

Reaction score
Hey guys,
the action has been around for a little while now and i’m on the verge of getting rid of my GoPro and getting an one, i have the pocket (and a couple of mavics) and like the idea of all my media being on the same apps etc. Is there any reason not to get one? Are they still suffering from glitches etc? Any thoughts appreciated!

Hey guys,
the action has been around for a little while now and i’m on the verge of getting rid of my GoPro and getting an one, i have the pocket (and a couple of mavics) and like the idea of all my media being on the same apps etc. Is there any reason not to get one? Are they still suffering from glitches etc? Any thoughts appreciated!

If you have a GoPro (depending on which one you have) there really isn't a compelling reason to swap it out. I have both. I leave the GP tethered to the Karma drone. They are very similar and tend to have some of the same shortcomings (lack of linear mode in multiple resolutions) and each has a few things that it does better than the others.

The Osmo setup is pretty good and the QS button to switch between modes is great. The GP takes better pictures if you are close. If you are within 10 feet or so the Osmo gives some distortion that the GP does not. The microSD card is nearly impossible to remove on the Osmo and the Osmo currently doesn't have HDMI out or support an external mic.

If, like I said at the top, you have GP there is no reason to get an Osmo, then why did I buy one? 1. I didn't know some of the shortcomings of it. 2. To use with the Karma you have to remove a panel from the GP which makes it not waterproof.

If someone didn't have either and they asked which one to go with I would slightly favor the GP just because of DJI as a company.

After consideration I made the leap, you are right about the limitations but as an action camera is is great for my uses, the osmo pocket fills the gaps between action cam and cam.

After consideration I made the leap, you are right about the limitations but as an action camera is is great for my uses, the osmo pocket fills the gaps between action cam and cam.

I like it and use it/have it as my go to action cam solely because of the door issue when using the GP with the Karma.

The thing I really, really hate about it is if you any of your subject matter is within 10 feet you get distortion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryHood