Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Osmo Pocket or Osmo Action?

arananderson

Reaction score
Hi all, been looking at getting the Osmo pocket mainly for quick and easy timelapses and hyper lapses. What’s everyone’s thoughts on the picket or can I get an action and mount it somehow to achieve similar results? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Mike Flys
I like my OSMO Pocket. It's small and works very well.
I have not played with the OSMO Action. I have done time-lapses with Go-Pros and I like time-lapses better with any of my DJI OSMO cameras, and even my Mavic 2 Pro.

Let us know what you decide and how it works out.

Mike

Thanks Mike and Ansia, will check out some reviews on the action. Will keep you posted of what i go with.

I like my Osmo Pocket. I could never get the smooth pans I get while on my board with an Osmo Action, though I will eventually be replacing my GoPro with the Osmo Action.

Hi all, been looking at getting the Osmo pocket mainly for quick and easy timelapses and hyper lapses. What’s everyone’s thoughts on the picket or can I get an action and mount it somehow to achieve similar results? Thanks in advance!

For me if I have a little more time to think about the shot the I want then the Pocket is the one to go for, it's amazing. For everything else the Action is perfect!

I use my Pocket more than my action cameras. I have it with me as often as my cell phone.

I honestly think these are for two distinct markets with some overlap.

The Action is, well, an action cam. You get it wet, you get it dirty, it is designed to be rattled around.

The Pocket is more for panos, stablized movement (can do with Action also) and motion timelapses.

The question is what do you plan to use it for. If it involves water or mud or possible bumps/drops, go with the Action. If not, go with the Pocket.

Reactions: Vapor069
I think the osmo pocket would be better because if it’s size and I think it’s been out longer so more people know if it’s good or not. (Not 100% sure)

I have both, the pocket travels pretty much everywhere with me and the action goes skiing/swimming/quad biking etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal