Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Phone physically connected to Pocket 2 feels a little un-secure

ronan.dowd

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I got a Pocket 2 (basic package, not the creator combo) a few months and am loving it.

Up to now I've been shooting without attaching it to the phone as I find when I've the phone attached it doesn't feel so secure to be honest - feels a little flimsy and loose.

Do you guys find the same ? Any recommendations for something "more secure" to use ? - i.e. to still have them attached (to be able to avail of the large phone screen), i.e. like a bracket or holder of some sort.

Any guidance / help would be great

Thanks Ro

Hi -

I use one of these - I hope it might be what you are looking for.

Heya

Great thanks for that. Sorry meant to reply earlier. I have a tripod i like to use. I presume that when I've my phone an osmo connected using this pgtech holder that it can be then attached to a tripod. Has it got the circular hole thing underneath it?

Thanks Ro

Hey Guys,

I got a Pocket 2 (basic package, not the creator combo) a few months and am loving it.

Up to now I've been shooting without attaching it to the phone as I find when I've the phone attached it doesn't feel so secure to be honest - feels a little flimsy and loose.

Do you guys find the same ? Any recommendations for something "more secure" to use ? - i.e. to still have them attached (to be able to avail of the large phone screen), i.e. like a bracket or holder of some sort.

Any guidance / help would be great

Thanks Ro

I just finished configuring my Pocket with my Galaxy S7 phone. The Pocket is sort of hard to handle, but with this configuration it should be much easier.

Movo OPR-50 Smartphone Video Rig Compatible with DJI OSMO Pocket 1, 2​

... holds the phone and the Pocket tight, and has tripod fittings (1/4"-20) both top and bottom.

Movo phone holder3.jpg

I added a plate on the bottom to give me more to hold on to, and so it will stand on its own. As the Pocket plugs into the Micro USB port on the phone (the Micro USB adaptor for my old Galaxy S7 didn't come with the Pocket (USB C and Lightning adaptors did), but I got one on Amazon). This holds it all together. Even has a spirit level on the bottom.

I got it on Amazon for $15.

Last edited:
Hi -

This outlines the Phone Holder in detail and hope it will be useful to you and others.

Does the phone holder have 1/4"-20 female tripod-type hole on top and bottom. I can see it has it on the bottom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryHood