Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Rocksteady on a road bicycle ride

ff22

Reaction score
I had the Action attached my my road bicycle yesterday and filmed about 20 minutes. The segment here was not intended to actually catch the shift/brake level in the left corner of the video but it is just the way the camera wound up. But it shows the lever shaking and the rest of the video pretty, well, ROCKSTEADY. I think it performs pretty well. Views of Puget Sound begin at around 3:20

As an aside, I still don't know how to upload videos to Youtube so that they don't get downgraded and show what I'll call the smearing affect you see on the roadway surface. The original video does not look anything like that.

Osmo Action along Magnolia Bluff

the smearing thing has to do with compression. ( I am no expert, and dont claim to really understand it) youtube compresses videos, but if you use a codex that compresses your video, you get double compression. The thing is to use a export codex that is close to youtube and that youtube seemingly agrees with. this is the hard part.

I read something on mavic pilots that helped my videos a lot. I will try and gond it.

Reactions: ff22
This is what I was reading. I followed his advice, and my last upload had a huge difference.
My footage is still not great as I convert my gopro h.265 codex to h.264 so my pc doesn`t have a stroke,
but still big difference. Post #2. Hope this helps.

Reactions: ff22
This is what I was reading. I followed his advice, and my last upload had a huge difference.
My footage is still not great as I convert my gopro h.265 codex to h.264 so my pc doesn`t have a stroke,
but still big difference. Post #2. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I will review it and see if I can get better results. It is hard to share camera results when they look poor on Youtube.

Reactions: monchan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal