Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Switching to video?

The Fat Contoller

Reaction score
Anyone else find they're ditching photos and switching to video since buying their Osmo Pocket? I was always a still photos person (even with my Mavic Pro) but since buying the Osmo Pocket I've found I'm slowly but surely switching away from photos. That's probably due to the fact that( if I remember to charge it )I always have my Osmo with me.

I usually always do videos because it captures more memories and you could record yourself up high in the mountains or something like that.

Anyone else find they're ditching photos and switching to video since buying their Osmo Pocket? I was always a still photos person (even with my Mavic Pro) but since buying the Osmo Pocket I've found I'm slowly but surely switching away from photos. That's probably due to the fact that( if I remember to charge it )I always have my Osmo with me.
I was the same way, I'm a professional photographer and since getting into drones then the Osmo Pocket and Osmo Action I shoot a ton of video. I've been shooting so much I just upgraded to the Ronin SC for my Canon Mirrorless camera. Just got it today and love it.
IMG_20190821_094226.jpg

Looks like a good setup! Hope it works good for you!

I was the same way, I'm a professional photographer and since getting into drones then the Osmo Pocket and Osmo Action I shoot a ton of video. I've been shooting so much I just upgraded to the Ronin SC for my Canon Mirrorless camera. Just got it today and love it.
View attachment 87
I used to lug a load of stuff around with me (Nikon D200 with 28-200 lens attached, + a tripod, + a rucksack with extra lenses and other kit ). Now I've completely switched to travelling as light as possible. I'm still managing to get plenty of good photos but no longer feel like a weightlifter.

Yes, just went Hawaii and filmed with my Mavic Air, GoPro 7, and Osmo Pocket. But I still take pictures on my phone when I remember. The problem is because I'm worried about capturing the best video I sometimes forgot to take pictures. I was showing a coworker pictures of the trip and there were entire sections of the trip that I didn't take a picture because I was preoccupied with getting video. Oh well, I guess you can't do it all.

I used to lug a load of stuff around with me (Nikon D200 with 28-200 lens attached, + a tripod, + a rucksack with extra lenses and other kit ). Now I've completely switched to travelling as light as possible. I'm still managing to get plenty of good photos but no longer feel like a weightlifter.
I gave up heavy cameras and lens quite a while ago. If I want to reach a summit, I need to go lighter at my age. I'm not trying to sell pictures - they are memories. Of course, now I've added the Action to my load and both my cell phone and point/shoot both do have video modes. Oh, well...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal