Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

The medieval city of Carcassonne, France

Thanks for the video, really good work! I've been thinking about Carcassonne lately, specifically that we should rebuild our towns here in the Pacific Northwest like medieval castle cities. Think how awesome it would be to have towering citadels instead of subdivisions and strip malls! It would prevent future disasters like have occurred this year with wildfires destroying so many communities here in the Pacific Northwest.

Reactions: berlib
Thanks for the video, really good work! I've been thinking about Carcassonne lately, specifically that we should rebuild our towns here in the Pacific Northwest like medieval castle cities. Think how awesome it would be to have towering citadels instead of subdivisions and strip malls! It would prevent future disasters like have occurred this year with wildfires destroying so many communities here in the Pacific Northwest.
I saw on TV the terrible consequences of these wildfires on the West Coast with the entire destruction of a small town in Oregon ... We stand in solidarity! Stay safe!

Reactions: ff22
Nice medieval town.
We have been there in 2017 (before my dji time) and it was stunning.
I must do to (re)visit

Beautiful video. I love the EU for all of the old architecture. Here in the USA we think something is old when it is only 100+ years old.

My wife and I visited France for 3-weeks in Sept 2018, and it included a visit to Carcassonne. This was when the UNESCO world heritage organization allowed a local artist the opportunity to put some yellow paper up all around the medieval city walls so that when viewed from an exact spot in the inside of the walled city it would appear as concentric circles. When viewed from anywhere else in and around the city it would just appear as random yellow lines. Frankly, it looked like huge graffiti and totally disfigured what is in fact a world heritage site.

UNESCO allowed this 'in celebration' of their 20th anniversary. Seemed crazy to me that an organization dedicated to the preservation of historical artifacts and structures, would allow such a beautiful place to be disfigured in this way. It was reported that the paper was held in place in a manner that it could be easily removed without permanent damage to the walls. I saw some paper had been peeled away (presumably by tourists) and I could definitely see that there was some fine dust still stuck to the paper, so it was not 'totally' harmless. I have attached a picture that I took from the 'special spot' back in Sept 2018 so you can see what I am referring to. I found the effect of the random yellow lines so unappealing at the time that I did not take a photo of what the site looked like when viewed from any angle other than the one I took from below, If you saw that, you would agree that it was really hideous!

Glad to see from your video that, at least from a distance, there was no significant damage done.

Cite de Carcassonne - France (Peel 70D_101-5493).jpg

Reactions: ff22

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal