Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Unannounced physical change to the Osmo Action

ff22

Reaction score
Apparently, DJI has made at least one alteration of the existing Action model. Enlarging the holes along the side opposite the usb port door.

" I've verified this situation to our designated department and found out that we indeed improve and the hole has been increased for underwater purposes."

The thread can be found here with a photo comparing the two versions:

Reactions: clackey
If I buy a OA how can I be sure I get the updated model, any idea/suggestion?

Find a serial number of the update and make sure that the one you are buying has a higher serial number?

If I buy a OA how can I be sure I get the updated model, any idea/suggestion?
Apparently, the date is on the box and June is the new batch. But you'd have to see them in a store.

I caved and got one after my hero 6 **** itself 3 days out from the end of warranty. Thought I would be without an under water camera for most of August, when the kids are off from school. So I got the Osmo action. CRy cry cry, but to gopros credit I had a new replacement in less than a week. Shipped to singapore and back.

Luckily mine is the 2nd gen OA.

Apparently, DJI has made at least one alteration of the existing Action model. Enlarging the holes along the side opposite the usb port door.

" I've verified this situation to our designated department and found out that we indeed improve and the hole has been increased for underwater purposes."

The thread can be found here with a photo comparing the two versions:

Can you show a photo of the change with it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal