Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

underwater housing.

$49us and you can take your osmo pocket diving down to 60m.
I think it will be great for snorkeling with my kids this summer.
I will be getting one soon.

I believe this is just about to released. Just wondering how many are interedted in it?
About $50 I believe.
I didn't know this was FINALLY out. Looks cool. Thanks for sharing.

osmopocketwaterproof.jpg

Reactions: monchan
thats a 3rd party case this is the DJI housing. Same price though.
I saw that this morning. I just bought the DJI version only because I had a coupon and credit to use up. But the third party version looks nice also. I'm going to Oahu in August so I'll test out the DJI housing, and if it doesn't live up to the hype then I'll probably buy the third party version also.

It would be interesting to see the quality from both. It's not glass for sure for 3rd party, not sure about DJI case so there will be impact on quality.
The 3rd party one does not limit the movement of camera, there is still chance to operate in full "hemisphere" while original one does limit field of gimbal operation (hence special mode for that, built into the software).

osmo pocket protector.jpg

Got it DHL just now. It's a REALLY snug fit to get the Osmo Pocket in it. The little rubber ring/gasket falls out easily. Might have to glue it down so I don't lose it. And the unit is heavy when put together, but has a slight amount of buoyancy when I threw it in my sink full of water. I'm wondering if the 3rd party housing has TOO much air in it and would be hard to dive with. But the picture quality is nice when submerged. Very clear. And the buttons feel nice. Will try to get it to the lake or pool soon to do a full review.

Last edited:
...The little rubber ring/gasket falls out easily. Might have to glue it down so I don't lose it. ...

Hi, could you do a pic of the rubber? Not sure if this is missing in my housing. On the second dive i got some saltwater inside and now my Pocket is with DJI as the SD Card slot got some issues ... :-(
Got the housing on my scooter, quite neutral, love it. The Vids and pics are great.
Made me also buy the osmo action. A real better choice then Hero.

Beside that, quality is really good. Very simple, looks a bit strange due to the big head, and I took a sock from my daughter to protect the big „window“ as I am a bit worried that it could break or get scratches.

Hi, could you do a pic of the rubber? Not sure if this is missing in my housing. On the second dive i got some saltwater inside and now my Pocket is with DJI as the SD Card slot got some issues ... :-(
Got the housing on my scooter, quite neutral, love it. The Vids and pics are great.
Made me also buy the osmo action. A real better choice then Hero.

Beside that, quality is really good. Very simple, looks a bit strange due to the big head, and I took a sock from my daughter to protect the big „window“ as I am a bit worried that it could break or get scratches.
There is a rubber ring that DOES fall out if you're not careful. I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow when I get home.

There is a rubber ring that DOES fall out if you're not careful. I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow when I get home.

Thanks, found it. You are right, this tiny thin ring is really nothing I would give a 100% trust... up to 60m.. but it seams to work, 55m and dry ;-) good luck.
What makes me wonder most in this case is, that the gap for this rubber is much larger than the rubber itself. So why don‘t they use a bigger one!?

Need to say that the DJI Support is great. Took one week and I got my Pocket back which had a water damage. Perfekt these guys.

Reactions: BingErr

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal