Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

USB-C Adapter Can't Reach USB-C on my Android Phone with Case On Alternatives?

Seachief

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in an Otterbox Case...great protection and fairly sleek compared to the original Otterbox products...anyway, I picked up the Osmo Pocket and could not get the little horizontal adapter to penetrate far enough through the case to engage the USB-C port on the phone. I was able to activate it using my work phone, a Pixel 2 in a very minimal case. But I want to use this little gut with Samsung and I can't take it out of the case each time.
For pulling images off into Lightroom, I can use USBC cable...no sweat, works fine. But to use DJI MIMO and to update firmware etc, what can I connect exactly between the little adapter on the Osmo Pocket and my Note 9 that will accommodate most USB-C cables easily but not when there is a sideways camera right at the end of the UBC-C plug?? I tried using a USB-C to USB A female and then plugged a hiqh quality USBA to C cale in to the OSMo and they don;t see eachother.

Input appreciated, especially with URLs / Links to specific products and images.

Thanks.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in an Otterbox Case...great protection and fairly sleek compared to the original Otterbox products...anyway, I picked up the Osmo Pocket and could not get the little horizontal adapter to penetrate far enough through the case to engage the USB-C port on the phone. I was able to activate it using my work phone, a Pixel 2 in a very minimal case. But I want to use this little gut with Samsung and I can't take it out of the case each time.
For pulling images off into Lightroom, I can use USBC cable...no sweat, works fine. But to use DJI MIMO and to update firmware etc, what can I connect exactly between the little adapter on the Osmo Pocket and my Note 9 that will accommodate most USB-C cables easily but not when there is a sideways camera right at the end of the UBC-C plug?? I tried using a USB-C to USB A female and then plugged a hiqh quality USBA to C cale in to the OSMo and they don;t see eachother.

Input appreciated, especially with URLs / Links to specific products and images.

Thanks.

I learned from a YouTube video somewhere that if you REVERSE the USB-C or Lightning adapter across the front of the Osmo Pocket, you can then use the USB-C at the base to talk to the Osmo from the DJI MIMO App.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Do you mind if I ask a question or two that is not precisely on the topic you raise here?
How do you find the Note 9 works with the app? Do you get full functionality? I'm thinking of buying the OM 5 but I see so many complaints online about loss of functionality with non-Apple phones. Also, my current phone is a Galaxy Note 8 but that is not on the list of compatible devices. However, the Galaxy S8 is listed as compatible and the phones are very similar - same cameras, different sizes and the Note has a stylus - so I'm wondering if it will still work on my phone. Do you have any advice for me? 🙏

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryHood