Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Used Osmo Action at mud run

mjbok

Reaction score
I ran a warrior dash with my youngest (14) last weekend. Had a few thoughts on what I did right and what I did wrong.

As prep I got a waterproof case (needed for sure) and one of those million and one mount kits. I was torn between the headmount and the chest mount. I opted for the chest mount. It has a quick release clip so I figured I could go from chest mount to hand held. I also setup my QS prefs so I could quickly switch between modes.

Thoughts:

The footage (and few pictures I got) turned out well. Some water on the lens cap caused some bits of distortion, but still happy overall with what I got.

The waterproof housing was a must have. The amount of mud and sludge caked on it could have gotten into the crevices on the camera itself, but it worked out well.

The quick clip release from the chest mount worked well until it didn't. Got some mud caked in there and wasn't able to get it to snap back in for the last half of the race. It literally fell off at the top of a 20 foot high obstacle. Fortunately it just laid at the top of it.

I picked too many QS modes (4). It is nearly impossible to see anything in the sun and most of it was shooting blind.

Though the waterproof case worked well from a waterproof perspective the buttons got kind of dicey as they got coated in mud and slime.

The chest mount was a mistake. The head mount would have been better. You are often chest down in the mud and much, but my entire head was never in the mud. For all chest down obstacles I had to hold the camera. It is difficult to swim through thick mud with one hand.

Overall I was happy with the performance. After it was over I removed the cam from the case and it was still pristine. I hosed down the case and it is now good as new as well.

I ran a warrior dash with my youngest (14) last weekend. Had a few thoughts on what I did right and what I did wrong.

As prep I got a waterproof case (needed for sure) and one of those million and one mount kits. I was torn between the headmount and the chest mount. I opted for the chest mount. It has a quick release clip so I figured I could go from chest mount to hand held. I also setup my QS prefs so I could quickly switch between modes.

Thoughts:

The footage (and few pictures I got) turned out well. Some water on the lens cap caused some bits of distortion, but still happy overall with what I got.

The waterproof housing was a must have. The amount of mud and sludge caked on it could have gotten into the crevices on the camera itself, but it worked out well.

The quick clip release from the chest mount worked well until it didn't. Got some mud caked in there and wasn't able to get it to snap back in for the last half of the race. It literally fell off at the top of a 20 foot high obstacle. Fortunately it just laid at the top of it.

I picked too many QS modes (4). It is nearly impossible to see anything in the sun and most of it was shooting blind.

Though the waterproof case worked well from a waterproof perspective the buttons got kind of dicey as they got coated in mud and slime.

The chest mount was a mistake. The head mount would have been better. You are often chest down in the mud and much, but my entire head was never in the mud. For all chest down obstacles I had to hold the camera. It is difficult to swim through thick mud with one hand.

Overall I was happy with the performance. After it was over I removed the cam from the case and it was still pristine. I hosed down the case and it is now good as new as well.
Hope you will share some of those muddy videos and pics.

You are a good sport!!!! Oh, my, I hope you had your vaccinations. (g)

I can’t believe I have never even thought of taking a camera on any event I have run! great idea!

I can’t believe I have never even thought of taking a camera on any event I have run! great idea!

There were a handful of people that had them that I noticed. A couple of people commented on the one I had and without fail referred to it as a GoPro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal