Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

What's new with the DJI OM4?

Reaction score
So the new OM4 just came out. They had a launch video and a lot of people are talking about it, particularly the new magnetic design where you can use either a clamp or a phone ring.

The new version of the Osmo Mobile (now called OM moving forward) is smaller since there is no longer a clamp attachment. It's also lighter but with a stronger motor that can carry up to 290 grams, good enough for a large phone with a case.

Shooting modes such as ActiveTrack, Sport Mode, Story Mode, and Hyperlapse have been boosted with an upgraded DJI Mimo app, while new features include a Cloning system where you can make multiple copies of yourself when doing panorama shots.

Another significant addition is the Dynamic Shot which provides the user to recreate the Dollyzoom effect. The Spin Shot also provides the user with Inception-style shots that can add more drama into your footage without the need for post-production work.

The price is currently set at 149 USD which is 10 dollars more than the previous version. While some people say that there are no significant differences between the OM# and other OM4, I think that the upgrades provided are worth it.

You can look at the launch video below:

So what do you think? Is the OM4 a good buy given the changes and new features?

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Reaction score
Looks impressive. The overall look is nice and I like the color. I'm seriously considering buying it even if I have the Osmo Mobile 3.

Reaction score
Looks impressive. The overall look is nice and I like the color. I'm seriously considering buying it even if I have the Osmo Mobile 3.
I have loved DJI products as I had the Osmo Mobile 3 and the DJI Mavic 2. I like the quality of their products as they bring a lot of value for money. I've also owned a Zhiyun Smooth Q2 (it was a gift) but it just made me miss my Osmo Mobile 3 more. With the release of the OM4, I can finally let go of my Q2! Hurrah!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starecommercewar