Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Just got the Om4. Question about how you guys are attaching your phone.

BingErr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So I have started using the OM 4 and can't decide which connector to use. Everyday I use a case and a popsocket. To use the OM 4 I have to remove the case and then attach the clamp. If I attach the sticker magnet to my phone case then I don't have room for the popsocket, and it's not recommended. If I attach the sticker magnet to the phone itself, then I can't put a case on OR use the popsocket. Is there anyone here who bought the OM 4? How are you using it.

Reactions: clackey
While the clamping magnet mount works well with some cases, it definitely doesn't work with all. I ended up putting the clamp version on an older iPhone 6s Plus and the stick-on magnet on a hard case (Speck Presidio Pro) for my iPhone 11 where the case was a bit too thick to use with the clamp-on. DJI does not recommend using the stick-on magnet with a case, claiming that the additional weight might be a problem, but I found that it works great. I probably wouldn't trust it with a soft-coated type case though.

It's easier to just use a sacrificial case for the stick-on magnet mount, as I do. When not using that on the OM4, you can swap it out for a normal case for everyday phone use and wireless charging. Actually easier than removing and installing the clamp type mount.

Show less

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal