Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Are you happy with your Osmo Pocket?

The Fat Contoller

Reaction score
There are many reviews of the Osmo Pocket, good and bad, but I'm interested in the opinion of fellow owners. Sure it isn't perfect , but in general it does a good job and it's so easy to have with you all the time. I'd like a zoom, a tripod thread and bluetooth built-in, otherwise I'm happy with it. What do you think?

monchan

Reaction score
I am mostly happy. But I was disappointed yesturday when I looked at some footage from the beach
that was not in focus at all. I would think they could tweak it with a firmware update.
I like the slow mo function, with my kids. But if my kids are wearing red the color gets a little funky.

The Fat Contoller

Reaction score
I am mostly happy. But I was disappointed yesturday when I looked at some footage from the beach
that was not in focus at all. I would think they could tweak it with a firmware update.
I like the slow mo function, with my kids. But if my kids are wearing red the color gets a little funky.
I haven't had any colour issues but I don't do any colour grading or suchlike. If I can get away with it I'll use the footage as it comes with no editing which is fair enough because I'm not after professional results - so long as it's good enough for friends and family I'm happy.

Fozzy

Reaction score
I love the little Osmo, it's the perfect mini camera for every family situation. Once a few accessories are added it replaces gear with 4x the price tag

Reactions: Brockrock

jag32266

Reaction score
You might want to check and see "which" focal point you are using- AFC or AFS? this might be some of the issue perhaps,.. just a thought.

Reactions: monchan

bullbloke

Reaction score
I really love this camera. Its portability makes it convenient to have it on you at all time. I have it only for a couple of weeks and I managed to capture a lot of videos and pictures, spending a lot more time on FCPX. The quality is just amazing. Got no regrets apart from not buying it earlier!

Roslad

Reaction score
I like it because the footage is pretty smooth and the size of it is easily accessible.

travelinaday

Reaction score
I truly enjoy this camera, I was also having focus issues like someone stated above but the fix was the focal mode I was using. The only downside to this camera is in dark scenarious. Bumping it to 1600 ISO if not more is crazy.

But this is still king of small sensor cameras. It has gone with me on two trips so far and does amazing timelapses. I use an ANKER 20100MAH and man making 3 hour time lapses is amazing.

Reactions: The Fat Contoller

KangaAir

Reaction score
There are many reviews of the Osmo Pocket, good and bad, but I'm interested in the opinion of fellow owners. Sure it isn't perfect , but in general it does a good job and it's so easy to have with you all the time. I'd like a zoom, a tripod thread and bluetooth built-in, otherwise I'm happy with it. What do you think?
After the latest firmware update the OSMO Pocket has been brilliant. Auto focus, light balance perfect.
The key to using an OSMO Pocket is lots of practice. The end result will not disappoint you.
Recently filmed the Climate Strike in Austria, all OSMO 2.7K video at 50fps, slow mo & stills.
Quality of shots made it super easy to edit.
Recommend using ND filters 4, 8 & 16 to further improve video effects

Link to video:

ikkel

Reaction score
I love the Osmo Pocket a lot. In the beginning the focushunting was not nice, but they solved that now.
Also less is the noise at low light and the automatic cropping in slo-mo.
For the rest , little so you can take it everywhere with you and fast in use.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablomontini