Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

Hiking with the Pocket 2?

Jetpack Tail

Reaction score
I love to go on hikes, and I'm really interested in the DJI Pocket 2. Many say that it's better than the GoPro,, although the problem is the gimbal which is very fragile. While I don't intend to drop it, accidents do and will happen. What's the best thing to do to protect the Pocket 2 when using it outdoors?

Reactions: PocketMan2
I have only used my Pocket 2 walking a short distance to trial its effect on settings used. I seemed to get a wobble with the camera looking forward. Your video looked very good with little movement when you were walking. Did you use an extension rod or were you able to get good video conditions holding it fairly close to your body.
Your companion fitted well into walk and was a good foil to the overall video.

I enjoyed it too.

I love to go on hikes, and I'm really interested in the DJI Pocket 2. Many say that it's better than the GoPro,, although the problem is the gimbal which is very fragile. While I don't intend to drop it, accidents do and will happen. What's the best thing to do to protect the Pocket 2 when using it outdoors?
I think I saw somewhere that the pocket 2 senses when it's been dropped that it turns the lens in to protect itself. I did also see in a post somewhere of some one that had used the Pocket 1 pretty roughly for more than a year.

I'll have to say it looks somewhat fragile to me and I've ordered a gimbal lock for mine just in case.

I've hiked many miles with the Pocket 2. It is kept in the protective case as we hike. It is fast and easy to remove from pants' pocket and case.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0Sal