Welcome to OsmoPilots.com
Join your fellow DJI Osmo users!

USB-C Adapter Can't Reach USB-C on my Android Phone with Case On Alternatives?

Seachief

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in an Otterbox Case...great protection and fairly sleek compared to the original Otterbox products...anyway, I picked up the Osmo Pocket and could not get the little horizontal adapter to penetrate far enough through the case to engage the USB-C port on the phone. I was able to activate it using my work phone, a Pixel 2 in a very minimal case. But I want to use this little gut with Samsung and I can't take it out of the case each time.
For pulling images off into Lightroom, I can use USBC cable...no sweat, works fine. But to use DJI MIMO and to update firmware etc, what can I connect exactly between the little adapter on the Osmo Pocket and my Note 9 that will accommodate most USB-C cables easily but not when there is a sideways camera right at the end of the UBC-C plug?? I tried using a USB-C to USB A female and then plugged a hiqh quality USBA to C cale in to the OSMo and they don;t see eachother.

Input appreciated, especially with URLs / Links to specific products and images.

Thanks.

Seachief

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in an Otterbox Case...great protection and fairly sleek compared to the original Otterbox products...anyway, I picked up the Osmo Pocket and could not get the little horizontal adapter to penetrate far enough through the case to engage the USB-C port on the phone. I was able to activate it using my work phone, a Pixel 2 in a very minimal case. But I want to use this little gut with Samsung and I can't take it out of the case each time.
For pulling images off into Lightroom, I can use USBC cable...no sweat, works fine. But to use DJI MIMO and to update firmware etc, what can I connect exactly between the little adapter on the Osmo Pocket and my Note 9 that will accommodate most USB-C cables easily but not when there is a sideways camera right at the end of the UBC-C plug?? I tried using a USB-C to USB A female and then plugged a hiqh quality USBA to C cale in to the OSMo and they don;t see eachother.

Input appreciated, especially with URLs / Links to specific products and images.

Thanks.

I learned from a YouTube video somewhere that if you REVERSE the USB-C or Lightning adapter across the front of the Osmo Pocket, you can then use the USB-C at the base to talk to the Osmo from the DJI MIMO App.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starecommercewar